]

:

LISTSERV

WVU-SW-PCE Home

WVU-SW-PCE  2019

WVU-SW-PCE 2019

Field Supervisor Appreciation Breakfast and Tech-Ethics Workshop; 5/23

CE <[log in to unmask]>

CE <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:36:19 +0000

text/plain

Dear WVU School of Social Work Field Supervisors, alumni and fellow social workers,

As a gesture of our gratitude and thanks for supporting the social work field and student preparation, you are invited to attend a Field Supervisor Appreciation Breakfast and Tech-Ethics Workshop on May 23, 2019  from 9am - 12pm, at The Hazel Ruby McQuain Conference and Training Center at Mon General Hospital in Morgantown. We hope to see those who support students as Field Instructors or Site/Task Supervisors in attendance!

During this event, social work field supervisors will enjoy a networking breakfast and be recognized for their service to the WVU School of Social Work and its students. Following breakfast, attendees will participate in a 2-hour ethics workshop where they will review and discuss the NASW, ASWB, CSWE & CSWE Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice (2017)<https://www.socialworkers.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=lcTcdsHUcng%3d&portalid=0>, and examine their own practices and environments in relation to these important standards. Practical examples and small group activities will aid attendees in developing plans for adopting and institutionalizing the new standards in a variety of practice environments, as practitioners, administrators, and educators.

There is no cost to attend and this event has been approved for two (2) Continuing Education units for those licensed in WV, PA, VA, and MD. We hope to see current Field Instructors, and those interested in potentially supervising social work students in their field education placements.

Please do RSVP for this event https://wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cDg6W7dDabsxjkV by May 20th  and we look forward to seeing you soon!

All the best,
Jeni
/ Jeni Gamble, PhD, MSSW
Field Education Director & Clinical Assistant Professor School of Social Work<https://socialwork.wvu.edu/> Eberly College of Arts and Sciences West Virginia University
111 Knapp Hall
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506
304.293.7339

The WVU School of Social Work develops leaders in solving the most demanding social issues of our day through rigorous research, academic innovation and public service.

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/SocialWorkWVU/> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/WVUSocialWork> for new research, events, and resources!

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.