Early Bird Deadline - 3/5/10

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:12:01 -0500

Fax (304-293-5936), call in (304-293-3780) or postmark your registration
to the following three sessions by today (3/5/10) and save money!!

More information and registration form (last page) are attached.

March 25, 2010, 9am-5pm, WVU-Eastern Division, Robert C. Byrd Health
Sciences Center, Library, Martinsburg, WV
Creativity as an Essential Aspect of Coping, Healing and Love
William Perks, LCSW, MSW, Journey Associates, LLC, Martinsburg, WV
CEU’s:  7 Social Work hours; 6.5 LPC hours
Registration Fee:  $75 (Early bird rate $67.50 by March 5, 2010)

Even in today’s satellite, drive-through, microwave society, the
essential aspect of our existence remains: we are human. And to be human
is to not only have limitations but also the capacity for creativity –
to adapt by using our imaginations, to manifest something not previously
in existence, to recall things no longer present, and to communicate in
a variety of ways, all representing the diverse aspects of self.

Presentations and activities will focus on experiences through which
creativity calls a person to a new place of wonder and the
transformation of self. By meeting participants where they are on their
on-going journey of growth and learning, a supportive environment is
fostered to assist those in attendance to discover and name inner
resources, learn from the stories of others, and expand their beliefs
related to healing. Various modalities will be utilized to facilitate
meaningful learning.

March 26, 2010, 9am-4pm, Monongalia General Hospital Conference Center,
Mylan Room, Morgantown, WV
Intimate Partner Violence: Impact and Intervention
Sara Estelle DeLong, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Therapy Coordinator, Ohio
Valley Medical Center, Wheeling
CEU’s: 6 Social Work hours; 5.5 LPC hours
Registration Fee: $65 (Early bird rate $58.50 by March 5, 2010)

Our nation’s tolerance for family violence is one of our greatest
tragedies, reaching into the depths of all socioeconomic, racial and/or
ethnic, gender, and religious groups. This workshop will take
participants through a personal story of triumph over family violence as
experienced from a multi-trauma survivor and will utilize the feminist
perspective to provide insight into this current phenomena as it has
played itself out throughout our history, to explore the impact of
family violence on individuals, families, and our broader society, and
to highlight intervention strategies that can be utilized at all levels
of practice.

March 31, 2010, 9am-4pm, Ohio Valley Medical Center, Living Room,
Wheeling, WV
Women and Addiction
Lori Fell, MSW, MDiv, Senior Lecturer, WVU Division of Social Work
CEU’s: 6 Social Work hours; 5.5 LPC hours
Registration Fee: $75 (Early bird rate $67.50 by March 5, 2010)

For many years substance abuse treatment ignored the specific needs of
women in treatment. The confrontation inherent in treatment often left
women to wallow in shame. Researchers have now found that
gender-specific treatment for women leads to greater success and long
term sobriety. This workshop will review the basic tenets of the disease
concept of addiction, the progression of the disease and how addiction
affects the physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, and social aspects
of women’s lives. We will look at how trauma impacts the recovery
process and learn individual and group treatment techniques that are
gender specific.

Jacki Englehardt, MSW, ACSW
Coordinator of Professional and Community Education
Division of Social Work
West Virginia University
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506