]

:

LISTSERV

WVU-SW-PCE Home

WVU-SW-PCE  2010

WVU-SW-PCE 2010

Fwd: Free Clinic update call for massage therapists

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:42:42 -0500

text/plain

>>> Barbara June Appelgren <[log in to unmask]> 2/26/2010 6:48 PM

Eastern Panhandle Free Clinic

1212 N. Mildred St. ●  Ranson, WV 25438

  Everyone,

Last year we began a new program -- adding counselors and supportive
therapies. We have three new counselors who see clients privately in
the clinic, a counselor who is running a six-week self-empowerment
group that uses writing as a way to discover a personal voice, and a
massage therapist who sees 8 clients a month for 1/2 hour sessions.

We have many slots open and would especially like to have more
massage therapists help out our patients. The room is pleasant, with
soft lighting and a massage table already there. Many of the patients

suffer from pain and would benefit from the tender care of massage,
learning at the same time, related exercises they could do on their
own.

If you've been wanting to volunteer or know of someone else who is
interested, please pass this letter on to them. If you are
interested, please contact:
Mike Rakoff, board member overseeing integrative health project:
[log in to unmask]; 443-831-9915

Thanks you,
BJ

Barbara June Appelgren, MSW, EFT Cert I