VISTA Position - Hub - short timeline

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:37:42 -0400

text/plain

** High Priority **

From: Spellman Kent [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:12 PM
To: Kent Spellman
Subject: Hub VISTA Opportunity

Hello Folks,

The West Virginia Community Development Hub is reaching out to the
Network of folks who care about our communities in an effort to leverage
an opportunity we were presented with yesterday.

Volunteer WV contacted us to say that they have a sudden VISTA position
open, and they would like the Hub to have that position.  We are excited
about the opportunity, but face a challenging timeline.

We need to identify the person who will take that VISTA position by
Monday, March 22nd!  That basically gives us three days.

So we are reaching out to you to spread the word about this
opportunity.  This VISTA worker would have to be located within
commuting distance of the Clarksburg area, or be willing to relocate to
that area.  As a VISTA worker, this person would:

● Serve for one year with an option of re-upping for a second year at
the end of that year.
● Attend mandatory training in Atlanta GA on May 11-14, 2010.
● Begin service May 15, 2010
● Receive a monthly stipend of $858, or $10,296 a year.
● Receive a stipend at the end of service of $1,200 in cash or an
education stipend of $4,725.
● Receive healthcare benefits while in service
● Receive student loan deference while in service
● Receive childcare assistance while in service
● Other benefits include:
- Memorable experiences
- Highly developed skills
- New friends
- A sense of belonging to a community
- Feeling of waking up every morning to help the world
- A new challenge

This VISTA volunteer would help the Hub build community and nonprofit
capacity in West Virginia with a focus on improving volunteer
recruitment and management systems.

If you know of an individual who might be interested in serving West
Virginia and its communities through this VISTA opportunity, and who you
believe would bring value to the Hub and its work,  please ask them to
contact me immediately for more information.

I can be reached through the contact information below.

We deeply appreciate any assistance you can provide!

Kent

Kent Spellman
Executive Director
West Virginia Community Development Hub
301 Water Street
Stonewood, WV 26301-4648
E-mail: [log in to unmask]<UrlBlockedError.aspx>
Phone: 304-566-7332
Fax: 304-566-7309
Mobile: 304-476-3838
Website: www.wvhub.org<UrlBlockedError.aspx>