Field Faculty Seminar

Shelley Hopple <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:26:14 -0400

text/plain

WVU School of Applied Social Sciences/Division of Social Work
FREE Continuing Education Seminar
For Social Work Field Instructors and Task Supervisors*
($25 for non‐Field Instructors/Task Supervisors)
Approved for 3 Social Work Continuing Education Hours
“We’re OK, They’re Not”… Understanding Four Generations, How
They Got
That Way and How To Work With Them
March 25, 2010
2:00-5:00pm
Mylan Conference Room, Monongalia General Hospital
1200 JD Anderson Drive, Morgantown, WV
Barbara Parsons, MS, EdD
Director of Education Services,
Monongalia Health System. Inc
This workshop is designed to help participants develop insight into the
shared social, political, cultural and
economic influences of the four generations that comprise today’s
current and future (i.e. undergraduate and
graduate educational programs) work force, and undergraduate and
graduate educational programs.
These shared influences helped create common biases and core beliefs
that translate into the learning, work and
communication styles unique to the four generations. Learning to
appreciate the differences and how they can be
applied to various situations will enhance our personal and
professional experiences.
The 3.0 hour workshop will include lecture, discussions, questions,
activities and assessment.
Learning objectives: At the end of this session, participants will be
able to define the four generations;
analyze the value-influencing societal contexts; identify challenges in
the field placement and work setting; and
examine strategies for improved understanding
In order to plan for the appropriate amount of food and resource
materials, only those who RSVP can
be admitted to the training.
To RSVP, field instructors contact Ms. Morgan Gorbey at 304-293-3192
or
Please include your name, agency affiliation, mailing address, phone
number and email address,
in any email or voicemail messages, so that we can assure that you
receive a confirmation notice.
For those who are not field instructors, please complete form on the
to Ms. Shelley Hopple, PO Box 6830, Morgantown, WV 26506 or fax
304-293-5936.
Questions? Call 304-293-3780 or email [log in to unmask]
The deadline for RSVPs is 4 PM Monday, March 22, 2010
*(Attendance at one of these sessions annually is required for ALL
Field Instructors -for more information
on this policy, please email Samuel Leizear, at
$25 payment can be made by cash, check or credit card (use form on next
page)
Payment Form for Non-Field Instructors/Task Supervisors
“We’re OK, They’re Not”… Understanding Four Generations, How
They Got
That Way and How To Work With Them
Barbara Parsons, MS, EdD
March 25, 2010
2:00-5:00pm
Mylan Conference Room, Monongalia General Hospital, Morgantown, WV
$25 for non-Field Instructors/Task Supervisors
Call 304-293-3780 to register or fax payment form to 304-293-5936 or
mail form and
payment to WVU, Attn: Shelley Hopple, PO Box 6830, Morgantown, WV
26506
RSVP Deadline 3/22/10
Mailing Address ___ work ___ home
Payment Information