Join NASW!

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:37:27 -0500

** High Priority **

Give yourself (or a colleague) a holiday gift - join NASW!

The WV Chapter of NASW is hoping that 8-10 social workers (social work students included!) will join by 12/31/09 so that the total membership in WV will rise above 550 people.  Our local chapter will receive an additional $2,000 in funding if we can get over the 550 mark - so if you've been thinking about joining, now would be a great time to maximize our resources!

Benefits of membership include:  reduced rates at the annual WV spring conference, other professional development opportunities, special rates on Professional Liability and other insurances, joblink (https://www.socialworkers.org/joblinks/default.asp) , legislative advocacy and more.  Detailed info at: https://www.socialworkers.org/join.asp

Students - the reduced price of joining while you are still in school ($48/year) is a real incentive.  See more at: http://www.socialworkers.org/students/starterKit.asp

Members that live in bordering states can choose to affiliate with the WV Chapter.  Members can do this by calling the NASW membership hotline at 800 742-4089.   New members can do this by indicating on the membership form that they wish to affiliate with the WV Chapter.

Attached is a printable membership application form.

Further questions?  Contact Sam Hickman at 304.345.6279 or [log in to unmask]

Jacki Englehardt, MSW, ACSW
Coordinator of Professional and Community Education
Division of Social Work
West Virginia University
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506