]

:

LISTSERV

WVU-SW-PCE Home

WVU-SW-PCE  2009

WVU-SW-PCE 2009

Fwd: Greenbrier County teen commits suicide - volunteer therapists needed at high school

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:09:50 -0400

text/plain

** High Priority **

Colleagues,

If you are available to help - please contact Tammy Showell ASAP at 304-667-6050

Thank you.

>>> Tammy Showell <[log in to unmask]> 10/21/2009 9:26 AM >>>
Jackie-

Could you post this information on the Listserve ASAP?

A 14 year old boy died by suicide on Tuesday morning, October 20th in Greenbrier county.

I am working with the high school principal in trying to organize and gather mental health professionals willing to volunteer this week at the local high school to meet individually with students to provide emotional support, education and do risk assessments for suicidality and depression - and make referrals for follow-up care/sessions with local mental health professionals.

Time is of the essence in this crisis situation, and we need volunteers this week, TH and FRI (Oct 22,23rd) - to start ...

Currenlty, there are only 4 high school counselors available to serve a student population over 1,000.

For more information or to offer help, please call me at 304-667-6050.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Tammy Showell MSW, LSW, CCSOTS

www.tammyshowell.com

ALTERNATIVES
122 N Court St