Early Bird Deadline Today 9/18/09

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:32:49 -0400

Fax (304-293-5936), call in (304-293-3501, ext.3103), or postmark your
registration for the following WVU Division of Social Work workshops
that have early bird reduced rate deadlines of today.

More info and registration form attached.

October 7, 2009 9am-4pm, Ohio Valley Medical Center, Conference Room L,
Wheeling, WV
Intimate Partner Violence:  Impact and Intervention
Saraestelle DeLong, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Therapy Coordinator, Ohio
Valley Medical Center, Wheeling
CEUs:  6 Social Work hours, 5.5 LPC hours
Registration Fee:  $65 (Early bird rate of $58.50 by September 18,
2009)

Our nation's tolerance for family violence is one of our greatest
tragedies, reaching into the depths of all socioeconomic, racial and/or
ethnic, gender, and religious  groups.  This workshop will take
participants through a personal story of triumph over family violence as
experienced from a multi-trauma survivor and will utilize the feminist
perspective to provide insight into this current phenomena as it has
played itself out throughout our history, to explore the impact of
family violence on individuals, families, and our broader society, and
to highlight intervention strategies that can be utilized at all levels
of practice.

October 8, 2009, 9am-12pm, Monongalia General Hospital Conference
Center, Mylan Room, Morgantown, WV
Grief and Children
Michelle Lewis MSW, LICSW, CT, Social Worker, Morgantown Vet Center
CEU’s: 3 Social Work hours; 2.75 LPC hours
Registration Fee: $35 or take the afternoon session for a combined fee
of $60 (Early bird rate $31.50 or $54 by September 18, 2009)

Grief is an emotion that most people experience at some point in their
lives.  We will explore why the experience of grief is different for
children than for adults.  Techniques to enhance child well-being and
family functioning after death are shared so that we may better assist
bereaved families.

October 8, 2009, 1-4pm, Monongalia General Hospital Conference Center,
Mylan Room, Morgantown, WV
Using Supervision to Avoid Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
Jerry Jo Manfred-Gilham, PhD, LISW-S, Associate Professor of Social
Work and Coordinator of Field Education, Franciscan University of
Steubenville
CEU’s: 3 Social Work hours; 2.75 LPC hours; 3 CECNPM hours (Core
Area:  Human Resources Development – Management)
Registration Fee: $35 or take the morning session for a combined fee of
$60 (Early bird rate $31.50 or $54 by September 18, 2009)

This program addresses the role of the supervisor and administration in
preventing burnout and compassion fatigue.  Participants will understand
the person and structural causes of burnout/compassion fatigue and
techniques for prevention and intervention.  Note:  This presentation is
appropriate for all staff, but supervisory and administrative staff are
encouraged to attend.

Jacki Englehardt, MSW, ACSW
Coordinator of Professional and Community Education
Division of Social Work
West Virginia University
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506