For Monongalia County Social Agencies

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:45:51 -0500

text/plain

To:	Monongalia County Social Agencies
From:	Christine Boggs, President of Monongalia Council of Social Agencies
Re:	Joining the Council of Social Agencies
Date:	November 26, 2008

	The Monongalia Council of Social Agencies (CSA) is made up with various social service agencies providing leadership, education, and networking opportunities to the Non-Profit Industry in Monongalia County.   The CSA meetings are open to everyone and are held at Monongalia General Hospital Hazel Ruby McQuain Conference Center the third Tuesday of each month from Noon- 1:30p.m, September thought May.

	This is an opportunity for you and your agency to develop relationships and to have access to important information for the clients you are serving.  We also provide education opportunities for social workers to obtain continuing education units.

	Once a year the CSA also coordinates the distribution of food received during the annual WCLG Holiday Food Drive in December of each year.  CSA solicits applications through member agencies, sorts and bags the food and then assists in the distribution of items to over 500 families.  Christian Help provides new toys for the children of those families.  Hundreds of volunteers are required to make this substantial program for the less fortunate work.

	We want to personally invite you to become a member either individually or as a member within your Agency or Organization.  If you are interested in networking and information gathering from other social service groups, becoming a member is the way to do this.  You will have an opportunity to development relationship throughout Monongalia County.  Membership fees are $30 for Agencies and $15 for individuals per year.  Agency membership allows any person form your agency to attend the meeting without further cost.

	If you have any questions please feel free to call me at (304) 285-3155.