]

:

LISTSERV

WVU-SW-PCE Home

WVU-SW-PCE  2006

WVU-SW-PCE 2006

Fwd: 18TH ANNUAL NAPSA CONFERENCE (ATLANTA, GA) - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:06:59 -0500

An opportunity for those of you involved in providing aging services.

Jacki

Jacki Englehardt, MSW, ACSW
Coordinator of Professional and Community Education
Division of Social Work
West Virginia University
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506
304-293-3501, ext. 3109
fax:  304-293-5936
cell: 304-282-0321
Summer Institute on Aging Website:  www.wvsioa.org

>>> "Michelle Brannon" <[log in to unmask]> 12/13/2006 3:03 PM

I just wanted to forward this along, as I know that you are involved in
arranging, providing, and delivering training.

Thanks,

Michelle Brannon - Adult Services Trainer
Information Technology and Training
4190 Washington Street., West
Charleston, WV 25313

304-746-2360 ext. 2254

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. This
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it was sent. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distributing or use of the contents if this
email may be prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify me by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for its
retrieval. Thank you.

>>> <[log in to unmask]> 12/13/2006 2:05:17 PM >>>
Dear all,
In order for the 2007 NAPSA conference to provide a diverse range of
high level workshops, the Conference
Committee needs your help in disseminating the Call for Submissions to
Adult Protective Services agencies,
administrators, line staff and other partners in your state. We
encourage you to share this information with
fellow professionals; please forward this document via other listservs
in your region/state.

NATIONAL ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES ASSOCIATION (www.apsnetwork.org)
(Information can also be found here:
http://www.apsnetwork.org/Training/conference.htm)

18TH ANNUAL NAPSA CONFERENCE

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
September 5-7, 2007
Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, Georgia

Conference Description:
The 2007 NAPSA conference will provide expanded programs for elder
abuse and adult protective services line
staff and administrators, law enforcement, prosecutors, health care
professionals and long-term care
ombudsmen. Domestic violence and sexual assault advocates and
victim/witness staff are also encouraged to
attend.

Conference Presented by:
* National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA)
The only national organization representing the interests of Adult
Protective Services (APS) programs, staff
and the victims they serve.

Conference Sponsored by:
* The National Center on Elder Abuse, supported by the U.S.
Administration on Aging
The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) serves as a national resource
for elder rights advocates, adult
protective services professionals, law enforcement and legal
professionals, public policy leaders, researchers
and citizens. It is the mission of NCEA to promote understanding,
knowledge sharing, and action on elder
abuse, neglect and exploitation.
* Georgia Department of Human Resources, Division of Aging Services
* Georgia District Attorneys Association (tentative)
* The Archstone Foundation (tentative)

Presentation Topics
The following list of topics is indicative and not restrictive

* Abuse/Domestic Violence
* Financial Abuse
* Self-Neglect
* Cultural Diversity
* Medically High Risk Clients
* Adults with Disabilities
* Assessing Risk, Capacity, and Needs
* Disaster Planning
* APS Role in Long-Term Care System Rebalancing
* APS Data Collection and Technology

* Law Enforcement/Prosecution/Court
* Civil Legal Services
* Evidence Based Interventions
* Mental Health/Drug & Alcohol
* Ethics and Values
* Training for Trainers
* Innovative /New Projects (Show & Yell)
* Partnership Teams
* Management/Administrative Issues
* Media Relations/Social Marketing
* Aging and Disability Resource Centers

General Rules
* Submit the proposal as a WORD attachment by email to:
* Submissions sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
* Presenters may submit more than one proposal, in any area of
expertise.
* Conference registration fee will be waived for each presenter. (Does
NOT include presenters for
Innovative/New Projects, formerly known as Show and Yell)
* Presenter reimbursement will be limited to those without additional
support.

Deadline for Submission: February 16, 2007

Acceptance Notification: April 13, 2007
* Primary presenter will be emailed a Notification of Proposal
Acceptance.
* Presenter should send Confirmation of Participation no later than
Friday, April 20, 2007.
* Presenters are requested to provide written consent for use, as well
as materials for their workshops for
posting on the NAPSA website.
* Presenters are asked to submit all information required by any
organizations approved to provide CEU's in
the presenters' fields of expertise at the Conference.

Proposal Review and Selection Criteria
Immediately following the submission deadline, all proposals will
undergo a review process. Proposals will be
evaluated and selected based on their relevance to the conference theme
and topic emphasis. Proposals that
demonstrate engaging format, style, clarity, creativity, originality
and interest to the specified target
audience are desired. Consideration will be given to presentations that
emphasize innovative APS programs,
highlight interdisciplinary models, encourage audience interaction and
showcase effective training programs.

Call for Exhibitors
We welcome all vendors, including those selling merchandise, or
disseminating information, and organizations
advertising employment and training opportunities. Space is limited and
is assigned on a first come, first
served basis. If you are interested in exhibiting at the 18th Annual
National Adult Protective Services
Association Conference from 5-7 September, 2007, please contact:

     Presenter Submission Form * See Below

PRESENTER SUBMISSION FORM
PLEASE PRINT OR TYPE

Presentation Title [10 Word Max.]

Principal Presenter [list additional presenters on 2nd page below]

Name

Affiliations

Address

Phone ________________ Fax_________________ Email
___________________________________

Topic(s) that best define presentation

Length of Time:

 _____ 45 minutes           _____ 90 minutes            _____ 3 hours
        _____ full day

 _____ Innovative/New Projects [formerly Show & Yell * can be as short
as 15 mins.]

Format

  ____ Lecture         _____ Panel         ____ Interactive        ____
Skills Building        ___ Research

Instruction Method [Check all that apply]

 ____ Didactic        ____ Case Presentation        ____ Discussion
   ____ Video        _____ Panel

_____Experiential Exercises            ____ Role Plays            _____
Overheads            ____ Visuals

A/V Needs1

____ LCD Projector        ____ Laptop       ____ VCR/DVD & Monitor
  ____ Overhead Projector

Intended Audience

___APS front line staff        ___APS Supervisors        ___APS
Trainers        ___APS Administrators

___Legal System      ___Medical Providers     ___ Other [describe]:
_____________________________

Experience Level of Participants

______ Beginner         _______ Intermediate           _______Advanced
       ________ All Levels

Could the program/initiative to be described have a national scope?
  ___Yes       ___No

Workshop Description [50 word max.]

2nd Presenter

Name

Affiliations

Address

Phone ________________ Fax_________________ Email
___________________________________

3rd Presenter

Name

Affiliations

Address

Phone ________________ Fax_________________ Email
___________________________________

Presentation Outline * Please Attach [Please use 12 pt. font; single
spaced]
Maximum of 500 words, to be attached and to include the following:
* Behavioral and measurable learning objectives (must have at least
three for CEU qualification).
* Relevance to conference attendees.
* Main points to be covered in your presentation.
* How the presentation differs from others that might address the same
topic(s).
* Why the presentation is appropriate for the level chosen (e.g.
beginner, advanced) and for the audience
chosen (e.g. front line workers, supervisors).

Presenter Bio's * Please Attach
* Maximum of one page per presenter if presenter has spoken at a
previous NAPSA Conference.
* A one paragraph bio, with a maximum of 100 words, to appear in the
conference program.
* First time NAPSA presenters: in addition to your bio, please also
provide a list of presentations made
within the past year and two references, including their work
affiliations and phone numbers, who can provide
feedback regarding your presentation skills.

Presenter Expenses
* Conference registration fees will be waived for all confirmed
presenters (except those for Innovative/New
Projects, formerly known as Show and Yell).
* NAPSA does not currently know if it will have grant funds to
reimburse speakers for their travel expenses;
if such funds become available, NAPSA will make every effort to
accommodate speakers who have no other
support, but travel reimbursements of necessity will be limited.

Presenter Hand-outs
* Confirmed presenters will be expected, unless an exception is
requested and approved, to provide their
presentation slides and hand-out materials to NAPSA by August 1, 2007
to be copied onto a CD and distributed
to conference attendees.
* Presenters will be expected to provide their own hard copies of
hand-out materials; NAPSA will provide the
estimated number needed in August, 2007.

CEU Requirements
* Confirmed presenters will be expected, unless an exception is
requested and approved, to provide all
information required by any organizations approved to provide CEU's in
the presenters' fields of expertise at
the Conference.

Submit the proposal as a WORD attachment by email to:

You have received this information because we believed that it may be
of interest to you.

THANK YOU