Approved Ethics Update

Jacki Englehardt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 May 2006 09:00:12 -0400

text/plain

Thank you to all that responded to my request for info on upcoming
ethics trainings.  Here is the info I have received thus far:

1) There will be a presentation- "Ethical Decision Making in Clinical
Practice"- on June 12th at Will O" The Wisp Resort in McHenry, MD
(approximately 1 hour away from Morgantown).  While I understand that
this
conference qualifies SW'ers to satisfy Ethics CEU requirements in MD, I
am
not sure if it would qualify for those in WV.  However, you could
contact
(301) 334-7440 to obtain additional information.

2)   Check out the WV Board of Social Work Examiners Website
(www.wvsocialworkboard.org) for a listing of upcoming CE events.  Note:
while they don't necessarily list the events of all the certified
providers, they do have the Individually Approved Provider Events listed
at http://www.wvsocialworkboard.org/ce/socialworkers/indprograms.asp
Here are a couple ethics ones that are coming up:

Provider Name: IAP-SOUTHERN WV COMMUNITY & TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Provider Number: WV-499999
Program Title: Ethics in Social Services
Start Date: 5/26/2006
End Date: 5/26/2006
Location: Southern WV C&T College-Wyoming Campus
* Maximum Approved
Contact Hours Awarded: 5.5
Provider Contact Person: Kelli Cline or Dora Cline
Provider Web Site: www.southern.wvnet.edu
Provider Email Address:
Provider Phone: (304) 294-8346
Provider Fax: (304) 294-8534
Special Notes: Will Apply to Mandatory Ethics for Temporary Licensees

Provider Name: IAP-SOUTHERN WV COMMUNITY & TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Provider Number: WV-499999
Program Title: Ethics in Social Services
Start Date: 6/2/2006
End Date: 6/2/2006
Location: Southern WV C&T College-Logan Campus
* Maximum Approved
Contact Hours Awarded: 5.5
Provider Contact Person: Kelli Cline or Dora Cline
Provider Web Site: www.southern.wvnet.edu
Provider Email Address:
Provider Phone: (304) 294-8346
Provider Fax: (304) 294-8534
Special Notes: Will Apply to Mandatory Ethics for Temporary Licensees

If I receive any more info - I will pass it along.
Jacki

Jacki Englehardt, MSW, ACSW
Coordinator of Professional and Community Education
Division of Social Work
West Virginia University
PO Box 6830
Morgantown, WV 26506